On Demand Technology Training
After 14 years of service the Mobile Technology Training Center is being retired. As a result of the lab’s retirement; we are proud to be launching a new training program: On Demand Technology Training.
On Demand Technology Training will continue to offer free training to library staff, patrons, schools, and non-profit organizations that reside in Ohio. The State library of Ohio will provide a trainer to come to your library for a hands-on user training experience. The trainer will also supply the projector, screen, devices, and/or laptops that are required for your selected course.
Booking will be available from February – June, 2017. Dates are limited so please schedule as soon as possible on the calendar to the right. For any questions, comments, or course requests please contact Matt Motes at 740-783-5705 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Courses Include
- 3D Printing Introduction
- 3D Printing for Library Staff
- 3D Printing for Library Patrons
- Cloud Computing
- Device Audiobooks and eBooks using OverDrive, (choice of Android or iPad)
- Troubleshooting Devices
- Trouble shooting Patron devices (Patron receive support for library service software)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (10 laptops provided)
- Microsoft Excel 2016 (1 or 4 hour class available)
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Word 2016
What does The State Library of Ohio provide?
- Free training at your library
- Full setup including
- Trainer will be provided
- 3D Printer, devices, computers will be provided
Computer Training Opportunities
- For library staff
- For library patrons
- Cooperative programs with schools and non-profit agencies
Current Course Descriptions (subject to change)