The SEO (Serving Every Ohioan) Service Center, located in Caldwell, is a branch of the State Library of Ohio, which supports a consortium of 98 Library systems at 268 service points throughout 49 counties across Ohio using the OPLIN network.
SEO supports a centralized shared catalog database that includes over 8.1 million items with a patron database of nearly one million users, with an annual circulation of over 15 million.
The SEO team provides all technical and software support, library policy-related services, and management of 3rd party vendor integrations for all 98 consortium members, alleviating them of the burden of specialized technology and software functions. SEO also provides and maintains training through the On-Demand Training, SEO DigiHub, and the F. Ward Murrey Annex facility (located next to SEO Service Center) to state agencies and public libraries across Ohio.
Benefits of Joining the SEO Library Consortium
For Your Patrons
- Access to over 8 million physical items through the consortium catalog
- Nationwide interlibrary loan service through OCLC WorldShare
- Ohio Digital Library membership and support
- Instructional videos on using library services
- E-mail and text notices for holds, reminders, and overdue items
- Full-featured mobile app
For Your Library
- Maintenance-free catalog and database
- Statistical reporting of circulation, users, and inventory
- SIP authentication service for third-party software
- Help desk and network support for consortium software and peripherals
- Help desk support for circulation and cataloging questions
- Email services using the @seolibraries.org domain
- MARC record and authority control maintenance
- Access to CatExpress to download OCLC MARC records
- Original cataloging service provided by the Technical Services Committee
- Consortium training at your library or the F. Ward Murrey Annex
How to Join the SEO Service Center Consortium of Libraries
SEO is open to accepting new members from any public library who may be interested in joining. To request information, contact John Stewart, Director of Operations and Technology at 1-877-552-4262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.