Benefits to Patrons
Imagine being able to give your patrons access to more than 8 million books and library materials including a huge media collection of CD’s, DVD’s, and Videos. Most of these items can be delivered within two days.
Imagine offering your patrons access to thousands of journals, magazines and Internet access to an enormous collection of digital content that includes eBooks, audio books, magazines, and streaming videos.
Imagine offering all of this Free of Charge to your patrons.
Stop imagining, all of this is a daily reality for SEO Consortium members.
Benefits to your Library
No Database to maintain: SEO supports the consortium database. Member libraries access the database through software on their local computers.
No Catalog to maintain: SEO supports the consortium catalog. Member libraries and patrons can access the catalog from anywhere.
Statistical Reporting: borrower, inventory and circulation reports, purchase alerts, and state reporting.
Helpdesk and network support: Helpdesk/network support on the various software and peripheral needs for the installation and functionality of the Symphony system.
Added Values of the Consortium:
- SIP Authentication service for various third party software packages
- Helpdesk and network support on the various software and peripheral needs for the installation and functionality of the Library system
- Member Library courtesy and overdue notices
- Email Services (@seolibraries.org)
- Live bookmobile database access through terminal services
- Helpdesk support to membership for circulation and cataloging questions
- Interlibrary Loan, periodical, and reference services
- Marc record maintenance
- Authority control for the consortium database
- Access to Cat Express for the purchase of OCLC marc records with importing into Symphony by SEO staff
- Original cataloging using the consortium Technical Processing Committee when copy records are not available
- Consortium Training, On-Demand Training, and Annex Training Facility to fulfill your training and educational needs. These services are maintained and setup by the SEO staff