SirsiDynix will be performing a deduplication service on the Symphony database in the beginning of January.
This process will require a partial cataloging freeze between January 5 and 18, 2021.
During this time staff can:
- Add items to existing bib records;
- Create control records and check in magazines;
- Edit call numbers, locations and item categories; and
- Discard items by using the library’s DISCARD user. The items on these cards will be removed from the database after the freeze is over.
During this time staff cannot:
- Change title control numbers;
- Import acquisition items;
- Use the Transfers wizard; and
- Use the Delete Title, Call Numbers, or Items wizard.
CatExpress records can be downloaded during the partial freeze, but SEO staff will not load them until the freeze is over. The Tech Services Committee will continue to take original catalog requests, but the titles will not be loaded into the catalog until after the freeze.
Thank you for your understanding during this time.
Your SEO Support Team.