Library Cyber-attacks are in the news
The SEO Service Center has published a new Security page on our website and also knowledgebase articles on the topic of Cybersecurity and Ransomware.
Cybersecurity is the art of monitoring and protecting networks, devices, and data from unauthorized access, unapproved modification, or deletion of records, criminal or misappropriate use while keeping data only available to authorized users.
SEO respectfully requests to be notified of any ransomware or network security breach that occurs at your library.
Should a library’s vendor have a network compromise or ransomware incident, we would also request to be notified of that information as well.
Reporting cybersecurity incidents will help SEO be vigilant in safeguarding the consortium database of information.
To report, please visit https://support.servingeveryohioan.org and click on “Report Security Event” at the bottom of our support page.
Our Security Awareness page: https://servingeveryohioan.org/security/
- This page describes standards that SEO must adhere to under State of Ohio law for information security
- OPLIN security information and ways they can help libraries
- SirsiDynix security statement on protecting data
- The library’s role in security
- How to mitigate the risk of cybersecurity incidents
Three Articles on Ransomware and Cyber incidents: https://support.servingeveryohioan.org/support/solutions/folders/69000644132
- One of my vendors’ network was just hacked with ransomware, what should I do?
- My network was just hacked with ransomware, what should I do?
- What is ransomware and should I report it?
Please let us know if we can assist you in any way