This email is to remind you of an upcoming upgrade of the Symphony system to version 3.7.1 on Monday, April 12th, 2021, at 3:00 am.
Services that will be impacted during the upgrade from 3:00 am to 8:00 am:
- SIP Services (Overdrive – ODL, Lynda.com, Self-check, Hoopla, PC Management, Hold Lockers)
- Enterprise Holds
- Symphony Workflows Access
- BC Mobile (SEO Libraries App)
Upgrade Instructions will be made available as soon as we receive access to the new 3.7.1 Symphony Workflows client and do some testing in-house.
The SEO Team will provide two options for your library to upgrade your staff workstations.
- Some locations may choose to upgrade staff workstations at the close of business on April 9,10, or 11, depending on your library’s hours of operation. This is the preferred method to prevent any possible delays Monday morning. If your location chooses this option, they must not reconnect to the Symphony Server until Monday morning after the upgrade has concluded, or they may downgrade the client software to the previous version
- Some may choose to upgrade Monday morning upon connection to the system. You may experience some delays with the upgrade process depending on how many locations select this option, as the updated client will be installed upon login to Symphony Workflows.
This release includes several bug fixes, security, and feature enhancements that the SEO Service Teams will review after the upgrade for future use by members.
A few feature enhancements include:
- Symphony Manage Hold Shelf wizard enhancements
- A holds count based on search result criteria (Active, Cancelled, Expired, Suspended)
- A way to define the default order of search result columns
- Resizing options for the search results and items processed panes
- Symphony Receive Multiple Orders wizard enhancements
- View the number of holds tied to a title on order
- Define a bib tag such as a 092 to display within search results
- Display order line notes for instructing staff on how to process materials
Your SEO Team